THIS IS NOT A CALL FOR AN AUDITION – AN AUDITION WILL BE HELD LATER THIS YEAR. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PAY INVOLVED.
This is for the entire Washington State and Seattle area.
I am in the beginning stages of a script, tentatively titled “Asphalt Canvas”, that will enter production later this year. As I am refining this story line, I do know of several things that are definite, including most of the cast, scenery/location, props and so on. The cast requirements are as follows:Mature Female Lead
– I am looking for a woman of “unusual” character and appearance, a women you don’t normally see in print or in film…perhaps, her build is irregular, or she is proportioned different; I do not want a cookie-cutter lead female – I want a real woman cast into this role. I am looking for a blonde woman, preferably dirty blonde, in her 30’s or 40’s. I will keep an open mind if you are not in this bracket for both hair color and age, so don’t hesitate to submit your pictures and resumes. The character is a strong, mature woman…experienced, mechanical, somewhat stern yet still compassionate, a dreamer, charismatic, humble and flawed…an athletic or fit build would be preferred, but I will, once again, keep an open mind. Must not be conservative – must be open minded – must be able to swear. A painter (as in “art”), or able to utilize some related skills in regards to paint and canvas, would be helpful. Drivers license required. Must be willing to commit to time involved. Must possess the ability to be a role model, and a leader. Acting skills are not required so long as you are serious, will take this role very serious (which includes an audition), and you possess an imagination. Any acting experience, in film or theater, will be helpful.Mature Male Lead
– I am looking for an older gentleman, age late 30’s or, more preferable, 40’s to 50’s, that can extrapolate mannerisms and character qualities of President Bush without impersonating him. You are a devious man of power with an agenda, while trying to calm the masses into thinking you are a man of the people with their best interests in mind. A Southern drawl will be helpful.Young Male Supporting
– A young man, in his 20’s (some exceptions may apply), slender, moody, self-loathing, self-destructive (without any “habits” that you can’t leave at home!), poetic, romantic, philosophical, melancholy…dark hair, with a moustache…maybe even French, or at least in appearance to that quality. Soft spoken and reclusive…
Three Youth Supporting
– I need a mixture of culture, ethnicity and age…the roles require real people, and nothing more. I would like to have two girls and a guy, two guys and a girl, and African-American youth, an Asian-American, a Caucasian-American…just so long as I do not have more of one or the other. The word here is “diversity”! Must be legal driving age, at least!!!
There may be “on set” nudity involved in one scene for these three characters. I do not film nudity, however, an actor may be nude “on set”, and not appear nude on screen. This scene is for artistic merit, and is metaphorical. In this case, I will need actors and actresses eighteen years of age or older, or have a parent or legal guardian involved for all necessary release forms. I will always be available to answer any questions.
Three Adult Supporting
– I would like two mature male supporting roles, one with glasses (preferable, but not necessary) and one slightly balding (again, preferable, but not necessary). If you have fitted suits, that would be great as well…think politicians + thugs. The final role would be for an African-American woman, short hair to bobbed, with a business suit as well.Female Supporting
– I need a news reporter, someone who can dress the part…I want equal parts of ‘the bubble-headed bleach blonde’ from Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry” and the smug pseudo-intellect of Ann Coulter’s arrogance and bigotry. Must have the ability to be an all out bitch. Will require bigotry and the use of slurs against minorities. This requirement reflects the attitude of this particular character and not that of myself or anyone involved in this film. Enough said!Extras
– I need women and children. I need tall, masculine men.
This film will NOT involve exploitation, hatred toward minorities, the disabled or any ethnic group (although certain characters will display such hatred and bigotry, the film overall does not reflect their attitudes or portrayed beliefs), harm to animals, humans or the environment.
I am also looking for CARS, WELDERS, ARTISTS, WELDERS as ARTISTS and UNSIGNED MUSICIANS, PYROTECHNICIANS, SPECIAL FX ARTISTS, CARPENTERS, STAGE DESIGNERS, STUNT MEN AND STUNT DRIVERS, WEAPONS HANDLERS/EXPERTS AND PROPMASTERS. These are not acting roles, but required areas of expertise.
Please send resumes, headshots and/or photographs to me, Captain Chambers, PO Box 1829, Bothell, WA 98041-1829, or send an e-mail with “Blue November Casting Call” in the subject field to email@example.com
. Materials will not be returned. Please be sure to include as many variations of yourself (in pictures) as possible, and do not forget your contact info.
Must not be conservative – must be open minded – must be able to swear. Must be willing to commit to time involved. Acting skills are not required so long as you are serious, will take this role very serious (which includes an audition), and you possess an imagination. Any acting experience, in film or theater, will be helpful.
As I hone the details of each character, I will amend this, and of course, you can ask as many questions as you like. For more information about me and my work, check out my website, www.blue-november.com
, or contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you for your time, and have a groovy day!